Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Prepped and Settled

Taking into consideration all of the flooding down south, this morning, the three of us decided to prep for the next couple of weeks by grocery shopping.

We expect that food deliveries will be sparse or nonexistent for a while so we made a list and shopped locally.

There will be no FROG box this week because the majority of that produce comes from the Sunny Coast which is inaccessible due to flood waters.

We are counting our blessings. We chose this town to settle and it seems to be situated in a fairly safe zone.

The tornado in 2013 was an unlucky one-off event, but otherwise, our river isn’t prone to bad flooding, the 168mm of rain in 24 hrs proved we are not prone to flash flooding, the surrounding bushland is not dense enough to threaten the town in a bushfire, plus Fraser Island and it’s eco and weather system tends to steer hairy weather away from us.

I feel safe here.

Last night I watched the movie “ConAir” which finished around 1.30am. This meant that I slept until 9.30am and didn’t get out of bed until 11.30am!

Half the day was gone but we managed to fill the second half nicely.

Grocery shopping. Lunch. Trivia. Roast lamb dinner. MAFS. Bed.

It’s almost midnight and I’m feeling weary so it’s sleep time for me.






Nite all.

No comments: