Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 5, 2022

Start Packing

There is no point.

Even though the mask mandates are over, people can still choose to wear masks because they’ve been filled with fear, and there are many still wearing them. I can’t stop people from wearing them in my shop so my decision is to close.

Aside from the masks, the ‘powers that be’ are not done with us yet.

The fact that our state leader plans on extending the ‘state of emergency’ for a further six months means they have other plans for us down the track.

I plan on simplifying my life as much as possible and working on my health - physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.

Life has forever changed.

I forgot to mention last week that Number One Son got Covid. He’s 40 years old and fully vaxed. He quarantined himself and took a number of RATS which gave him a different result every time (insert rolling eyes here) and he recovered quickly.

Adoring Husband’s family on the Gold Coast all got Covid (Mum, Dad and 2 kids under 10). Fully vaxed and no issues. Recovered quickly.

I personally know 57 people who are unvaccinated. None of them have had Covid so I can’t compare their recovery or symptoms. There may be more but that was just a quick tick and flick calculation.

Today was another great day.

I watched the entire Netflix series of “Pieces of Her” which took me to 2am and I slept until 10am.

I decided to freshen up with a shower and hair wash before joining BGWLBH and Adoring Husband for lunch. BGWLBH had thrown together a couple of healthy platters and we nibbled on food while discussing our latest ‘uncensored’ discoveries about the current global situation. Always fascinating.

Afterwards we played trivia until it was time for me to prepare dinner. I had planned on lasagne but the mince hadn’t thawed so I used chicken thighs to throw a casserole together.

I layered onion slices, brown mushrooms, chicken thighs, salt and pepper, cherry tomatoes, zucchini slices, garlic salt and grated mixed lactose free cheeses in a casserole tin.

I poured 150ml of lactose free cream over the top and covered it with baking paper in an oven at 210°C firstly for 45 minutes then I drained some of the liquid into a saucepan, took the baking paper off and cooked it for a further 30 minutes. 

I thickened the sauce in the saucepan with tapioca flour and poured it over the top when I served it.

Adoring Husband went back for seconds AND thirds!

BGWLBH almost licked her plate clean.

So it was another experimental concoction success.

We finished the trivia game straight after and YAY for me! I won!

I watched the original Poseidon Adventure movie tonight and it’s almost 11.30pm so it’s time for sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: