Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 6, 2022

What a Show!

We’ve just experienced rolling thunder storms for approximately the last six hours.

They were mostly amazing with loud thunder, spectacular light shows and plenty of rain. Thankfully, not much wind and no hail.

I’m surprised to say that I quite enjoyed the experience. I can’t say the same for Adoring Husband and BGWLBH. I think they were both feeling unsettled.

There is still thunder off in the distance, but no further action happening on the BOM.

I started the day late and with a berry smoothy. Strawberries, raspberries, dragon fruit, banana and coconut water.

I sat down in the lounge room and watched “A Star is Born” with AH.

Afterwards, we drove to the shop to water the plants and we grabbed some groceries and rushed home before the storm hit.

I made a big lasagne for dinner which I served with a simple salad of lettuce, tomato and cucumber drenched in a vinaigrette dressing.

It was delicious but filling. AH went for seconds (again) I think he might need worming 🤣

We watched MAFS and now I’m in bed.

It’s 10.30pm and I’d like to fall asleep by 11pm. I’m drinking ‘sleepy tea’ so I might be lucky.

Thought this might interest you …

Signs of mould illness.

Here are seventeen symptoms that you should be wary of:

1. Memory problems and having trouble with focusing on doing tasks
2. Fatigue and weakness.
3. Muscle cramping and persistent nerve pain
4. Numbness and tingling
5. Headache
6. Light sensitivity, red eyes, and/or blurred vision
7. Sinus problems, cough, shortness of breath, air hunger, asthma-like symptoms
8. Tremors
9. Vertigo
10. Persistent nerve pain
11. Abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, appetite changes
12. Metallic taste
13. Weight gain despite sufficient effort
14. Night sweats or other problems with temperature regulation
15. Excessive thirst
16. Increased urination
17. Static shocks (I have to say, found this one very strange and can’t see how this is affected by mold).


And here we are at 11pm … so much for being asleep by now! 🙄

Nite all.

No comments: