Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 10, 2022

On The Road

My date was cancelled this morning.

Despite the BOM showing no rain in the area, Dallarnil received 100mm of rain in one hour and understandably, this deterred The Gypsy from travelling on the roads. So we have postponed our date until next week.

Adoring Husband spent the morning preparing the base to house our big vegetable pod garden.

After an enjoyable breakfast, BGWLBH and I decided to go for a drive. We haven’t spent a lot of quality girlie time together, so it was nice have today.

We stopped first at the Real Estate Agent where I met my potential new landlord. My decision to move the shop to the street front will be determined by whether the Queensland State of Emergency is extended or not.

If ‘they’ extend it for a further 6 months, it means they’ve got something new planned for down the track and I don’t want to be worrying about how it all affects the business, so I’ll definitely close and be done with it.

If they let the SOE expire, then I will strongly consider moving to the street front, but I’m still not certain.

It was a good meeting and they were open to everything I had to say and are happy to wait for my decision.

Initially, BGWLBH and I were heading toward Howard but the weather out that way looked dark and foreboding, so we hung a left and looked toward The Bay.

On the way, BGWLBH decided to check out the Craignish area, so we spent about twenty minutes driving through the streets and choosing the most welcoming parts of the area.

Then we drove to The Esplanade and found a coffee place where BGWLBH bought a coffee for herself and a water for me. It was near a newsagent so we bought the winning powerball tickets for tonight before strolling to the nearby lady’s clothing shop. I selected a couple of nice tops.

We drove further down the Esplanade, past Dayman’s G Store, round to the marina and back again, checking out a few streets to determine if it was worth buying property there.

Short answer… no.

There was no rain at all in The Bay, but halfway home we drove through some light showers.

Before heading home, we checked the mail and visited the butcher.

We played trivia for about an hour before I prepared bangers and mash for dinner.

AH and I were pretty chuffed to sit down for the first NRL game of the 2022 season tonight and so far it’s been a good game!

We were planning on a trip to Bundaberg tomorrow but the Bundy weather forecast is not good, so we’re putting that off until we have some sunny days.

It’s been an enjoyable day.

Now I’m going to find out if I’m a powerball winner.





Nite all.

No comments: