Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Suckers?

Do they think we are suckers?

The Red Cross collected over $200 million during the bushfire appeal in December 2019 and issued less than half of it stating that the rest would be set aside for the next disaster/event.

So here we have the next disaster/event!

Where is the money?

Instead, they are launching another appeal, involving all three free to air stations just to make it look bigger than Ben Hur and everyone will have FOMO (fear of missing out)if they don’t participate.

They are a bunch of thieves.

There were other organisations who raised money in 2019. Salvation Army raised $43 million and distributed $22 million. St Vincent de Paul raised almost $23 million and distributed $13 million. 

In total, there was still $135 million remaining and with interest over a 2 year period, that adds up to a LOT!

Where is it?

And another thing …

Our illustrious leader Scott Morrison gave $70 million to the Ukraine to support their war efforts and so far has offered nothing to those affected by the floods. No money, no government assistance whatsoever.

Pat Rafter, Chris and Liam Hemsworth are out helping with the clean up in Lismore and they are reporting that there is no military assistance and no government coordination. Just all volunteers from SES and QFES and the general public.

The worst part is that hundreds of SES and QFES volunteers were not allowed to assist because they are not vaccinated. 

Unvaccinated volunteers are only allowed to do admin work.

Countries all over the world have dropped ALL of the mandates.

  • UK
  • Ireland
  • Denmark
  • Sweden
  • Norway
  • Tanzania
  • Nicaragua
  • Dominican Republic
  • Iceland
These countries have dropped most of the mandates.

  • Mexico
  • El Salvador
  • South Africa
  • Slovenia
  • South Africa
It’s time we did the same.

Anyway … 

Today …

Adoring Husband was feeling fit and strong after his walk this morning and had big plans with a big list for The Bay but the ‘fit and strong’ bit faded quickly and after about 5 minutes, he returned in the car looking a bit the worse for wear.

BGWLBH very generously offered to drive him into The Bay and because my coffee date with the girls was canned, I was able to accompany them.

I got to visit Tinkerbells first where I added to my collection of crystal and semi precious gemstone jewellery. I bought a jade pendant and ring and a gorgeous citrine pendant.

We drove on to Go Natural to do some food and drink shopping.

Universal was our next stop where AH signed the contract for our new carport, which we hope to have complete by (bloody) July. This means that converting the double garage into an art studio for me is also on hold for a while.

We had a Bunnings stop.

Stocklands for groceries, lotto tickets and 3 boost juices.

Pillow Talk for my click and collect order of tea towels, oven mitts and beach towels.

Elstons Financial Advisors to drop off some signed paperwork and sign some other paperwork.

Craignish for some fresh seafood.

BH Post Office to pick up the mail.

Home at 3pm.

It took ages to unpack everything and I sat down for half an hour before preparing a super early dinner. Chicken and salad for AH and BGWLBH. Fresh prawns and salad for me.

We played trivia for two hours before MAFS pulled us away.

Now it’s after midnight! 

Gawd, how did that happen?







Nite all.

No comments: