Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Wet n Wacky

After a delicious night of sound sleep, I got myself out of bed at 7.30 this morning!

I was ready for my coffee date nice and early and Adoring Husband dropped me off at the park where I was to meet my art girls.

One was already waiting and as I arrived, the heavens opened and the wind was swirling like crazy so we found the driest table under cover and waited for the others as they arrived in dribs and drabs.

It was a windy, wet, stormy morning but we barely noticed it with our laughing, teasing, joking, venting, gossiping and reminiscing. We were all surprised to eventually look at our watches and see that it was 11.30am!

I enjoyed the morning and one of the girls gave me a lift to the post office and then home.

BGWLBH had prepared a fruit platter and the beginnings of a salad platter for our lunch so after I unpacked the FROG box, I made a fruit smoothie with banana, pineapple, ginger and orange. I also made an avocado and tuna dip to add to the platters.

I got to sit down and watch my favourite quiz shows this afternoon before preparing dinner.

Barramundi, lemon risotto and garlic asparagus. It was ok. I’ve made better. AH and BGWLBH ate the leftover rice so I guess it wasn’t too bad.

We played trivia until MAFS started.

Now, suddenly it’s almost midnight!

I have another early start tomorrow so …




Nite all.

No comments: