Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Obvious to Some

The frustration has passed.

Everybody has decided on their stance and no amount of evidence or arguing will change their position because mainstream media have successfully induced “Mass formation”

I am lucky to have a platform here where I can share information with like minded individuals and I know that others skim past what they don’t want to read, while others have abandoned my blog altogether.

And that’s ok.

The coming year or two will be interesting as truths float to the surface but will be downplayed and ignored while we watch scripted wars across the globe, see digital IDs become the norm, feel the stock markets crash and have the new law come into play where the government can take your money (anything over $250,000) from your account to save the banks, inflation is going to escalate considerably.

The cost of fuel has already begun to skyrocket, as has the cost of building materials - a shed that cost $15,000 ten years ago now costs $25 - $30.000 and takes at least 6 months to be completed. The cost of housing has increased by around 25% and rental properties are almost impossible to find.

It’s going to get much worse.

A farmer in the ACT has opened up his property for the homeless to camp there indefinitely. People who lost their jobs because of vaccine mandates and as a result lost their homes because they couldn’t pay their mortgages. People from all over Australia.

You have to question why so many thousands of people are willing to sacrifice so much to avoid getting the jab.

Today …

was a strange kind of day.

I fell asleep at 1am and for some strange reason I woke at 3.15am and could not get back to sleep. I couldn’t get comfortable in bed and tossed a turned until 5.30am.

I could have joined Adoring Husband and BGWLBH for their morning walk but I felt too tired. Instead, I got up and made myself a cup of tea and toast, then returned to bed.

Sleep still eluded me so eventually I decided to try a refreshing swim to wake me up. I found BGWLBH sitting by the pool but she was finished so I had the pool to myself … kind of.

AH decided to do some timber cutting so it wasn’t as peaceful as it could have been, but the water was perfect and I swam some laps, floated, meditated and sat in the sun until it was too hot.

BGWLBH appeared with a platter of fruit - finger grapes, green grapes, blueberries, strawberries, dragon fruit, pineapple, plums, watermelon and orange. All of it was sweet and juicy and delicious. What we didn’t eat, we threw into the blender and made a smoothie.

BGWLBH drove me to the post office to collect my mail and I reheated the leftover lasagne for lunch.

I listened to the storm rolling in and fell asleep in my chair as the rain came. After a while I decided to go to bed where I slept for a couple of hours. I didn’t even get up to make dinner.

Lucky we had a heavy lunch so the gang fended for themselves for dinner.

It’s almost 11pm and I feel like I can sleep so that’s the plan.

I have a coffee date with my art girls in the morning.







Nite all.

No comments: