Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Listen To Klaus Schwabs Advisor Doctor Yuval Noah Harari - We Can Hack H...

  

You know that if they are talking about it publicly, it has already been in existence for at least a couple of decades and they have been quietly honing it to perfection.

This man is the advisor to Klaus Schwab, arguably the most powerful man on earth, so who knows what’s going on in that elite corner of the world.

Anyway, as of today, I am sitting in first position on the family footy tipping ladder.

This weekend, Adoring Husband and I have enjoyed watching the first round of the 2022 NRL comp and after the last two years, it feels more normal with the stadiums full of cheering fans and no masks to be seen.

Let’s hope it remains that way.

I cooked up some tuna and vegetable patties for lunch and BGWLBH prepared a fresh salad. It was delicious!

BGWLBH recommended a new Netflix movie called “The Adam Project” starring Ryan Reynolds, Jennifer Garner, Mark Ruffalo and a young kid named Walker Scobell (he is brilliant). I watched it between lunch and the football and absolutely loved it. I recommend it.

Adoring Husband recovered incredibly well from his big day of mowing yesterday. So well, that he ventured out to do some more today! Unfortunately, at the end of his morning walk, he kicked his big toe and it could possibly be broken, so by the end of his busy day, his toe was looking quite sore and swollen.

This afternoon, we’d planned on taking the trailer into The Bay to fill it with all the necessary potting mix and other paraphernalia for the veggie pod, but by the time AH had finished all of his gardening jobs, it was too late, so we’ll try again on Monday.

For dinner I invented and prepared a layered chicken casserole. Cabbage, mushrooms, spinach, sautéed carrot and celery and then browned chicken pieces. I heated some home made chicken stock, lactose free cream, garlic salt and sugar in a saucepan and slightly thickened it with tapioca flour before pouring it evenly over the layered food.

I cooked it in the oven for 45 minutes. 

It was a success and probably would have been nice served with pasta spirals, but we are watching our health.

Well, it’s almost midnight so you know what that means!





Nite all.


No comments: