Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 13, 2022

Twenty Two

I fell asleep a bit before 2am and I slept soundly until 9.40am.

That’s pretty good.

It was after 11am when I changed into my swimmers and very gingerly made my way into the pool - the water was a little chilly to begin with, but I didn’t take long to acclimatise.

I swam 22 laps and then did a floating meditation.

My own personal guided meditation that I created for me, begins with me opening two huge double golden doors onto a small deck that overlooks a never ending field of sunflowers 🌻🌻🌻 and all of the flowers are facing me.

There are three shiny sparkling steps that lead from the deck to the ground and at the foot of the steps there is a path that winds through the middle of the field, so I slowly walk along the path and all the sunflower faces turn to watch me as I go.

So many creatures are catching my attention as I move forward. 

Big fat juicy green frogs 🐸 jumping around the bases of the flower stems, red and black lady bugs 🐞 crawling up those stems, butterflies πŸ¦‹ of every colour imaginable fluttering about and landing on the petals, bunny rabbits πŸ‡  hopping across the path, bees 🐝 buzzing about searching for the sunflower pollen, dragonflies resembling garden fairies hovering and darting between the plants, ants 🐜 marching in rows along the ground, lizards 🦎 spiders πŸ•· and grasshoppers πŸ¦—, birds 🐦 of all sizes and descriptions chirping and whistling and flitting here and there.

As I walk the path, I’m soaking in all the sounds and the colour and feeling at one with nature. The sun is shining brightly and there is a cool breeze that makes the rows of sunflowers move like ripples of water and make a soft rustling sound.

Soon I come to a clearing with a big patch of soft green grass and a few little daisies, bluebells and jonquils scattered about. I lay down on the cool grass and look up to the few fluffy white clouds floating above.

There is more to my guided meditation but I’m not giving away my secrets 🀫

After I finished in the pool, I was drying off under the Bali hut when BGWLBH joined me with a platter of fresh fruit so we sat eating and chatting for a while.

We made ourselves a cuppa and sat down to watch another Ryan Reynolds movie “6 Underground”. It was gruesome and graphic and violent and gory, which is usually the kind of movie that I avoid, but I really enjoyed this one. I closed my eyes for most of the gory stuff - some I wasn’t quick enough 😳

Adoring Husband and I watched the footy after that and I made lamb tortillas for dinner.

We watched MAFS.

Now, once again, it’s almost midnight.


Nite all.


No comments: