Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 18, 2022

What Day?

Now that I’m not working, I get confused about what day it is.

I know I’m not the only one in the world or in the town who has that problem, but I’m especially confused at the end of the week. Friday/Saturday/Sunday are my problem days and I quite often skip Saturday altogether. Now that football season has started again, it might change.

I had a late one last night so it was late when I made my way into the world this morning.

I forced myself out of bed to do some washing and between us, BGWLBH and I prepared lunch which we all sat at the table to eat.

Afterwards, she and I played Sequence while Adoring Husband finished watching his show on TV and then he joined us. We are all pretty evenly matched so it makes the game really interesting.

Before the footy started, we all watched “The Guilty” on Netflix. It was an intense movie with Jake Gyllenhaal as the main actor. 

AH cooked the usual Friday night fare and BGWLBH escaped to her room while we became absorbed in the footy.

It’s already approaching midnight - that seems to be my standard ending with almost every blog post!






Nite all.

No comments: