Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Time Goes By

I was up early this morning for a date with The Gypsy.

Again, we had lots to talk about and we were shocked when we realised that three hours had passed!

I was an hour late contacting BGWLBH to come pick me up because WE had a date too! 

It was all good and we drove into The Bay on a mission and with a short ‘to do’ list. We spent about two hours running our errands and on the way home we had to pull over as three police cars, sirens blaring, passed us at high speed turning into the Hervey Bay-Burrum Heads road.

They were travelling way too fast for us to see where they were going but they certainly didn’t stop anywhere along our path home. Perhaps they turned at Toogoom or Howard? I’ll watch the local news on Wednesday night to see if anything comes up. I couldn’t find anything online tonight.

After we unpacked our goodies, we sat down to watch a Netflix movie called “Army of Thieves” which I quite enjoyed.

We had an early dinner of barramundi and salad and sat down to play the new Trivial Pursuit (2010-2020) which BGWLBH purchased to add to our extensive collection today. We also bought Monopoly and Sequence and a weird one called Shitty Choices.

Of course we watched MAFS.

Now it’s rapidly approaching midnight again. You’d think after such a full day, I’d be ready to sleep but actually I feel a bit energised 😳

Tomorrow, I have coffee with my art and meditation girls, I need to edit some photos that I took of The Gypsy (a paid gig), I’m way behind with my washing and there are more movies to watch and games to play!

So I may need to meditate my way to sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: