Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 14, 2022

Here’s the Story

Remember my raised veggie pod?

Well it’s not mine anymore.

Adoring Husband has taken charge.

We towed the trailer to Springvale Nursery and Hervey Bay Nursery to get potting mix and perlite and some herbs for the garden.

We purchased a pair of garden gloves for BGWLBH because AH had asked her to help him prepare and plant. She is an avid gardener.

At home, I prepared lunch before AH filled the pod with all the bags of stuff and because he still hadn’t invited her to help, while he worked, BGWLBH and I watched a Netflix movie called “The Old Guard”.

Very good movie … quite violent but I could handle it.

Once he was finished the manual labour, I told him that we girls were going to do the planting … I was going to supervise where I wanted the seedlings and seeds and then BGWLBH would do the dirty work. He didn’t look keen, but we stepped outside and began our planning.

We discussed it briefly and between the two of us we decided which plants would go IN the pod, which would go UNDER the pod, which would go into the little hanging planters on the pillar and which would go in the open garden bed near the pool.

Without even lifting a finger, I experienced a twinge in my back and needed to go inside to lie down.

At that point AH decided to put his 2c worth in and made different decisions regarding the garden.

So we’ve decided to just leave it to him.

I’m considering purchasing a second pod so that BGWLBH and I can experience the joy of gardening ourselves.

While we were at the nurseries, I was hoping to find some nice pots and garden ornaments, but I couldn’t find anything that tickled my fancy, so my money remained in my wallet.

Dinner was duck breast with mixed roast vegetables, broccoli and mushroom sauce. It was ok.

MAFS was next and suddenly it’s after 11pm and I have an early start tomorrow.





So … nite all.

No comments: