Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 18, 2022

A Good Question

 Why did he do this?

Dr Lawrie’s speech 3 months later at the IICC conference

I was up and at it by 8am and we (BGWLBH and I) drove to the local pharmacy with a mission to set a plan in action. It all went according to plan and I was home in time for my zoom meeting with The Gypsy.

She pulled an Oracle card for me.

It was card number 5 - The Dance of the Butterfly Queen which is the card of pivotal change. Very appropriate.

That was followed by a Tarot Reading which helped me to figure out how to finish this cycle of my life and step into a fresh start in preparation for the next opportunity that presents itself.

At the end of that reading, we did my virtue scope for the coming 12 months.

They were all great readings and really helpful for me.

I prepared fish bites, salad and tuna guacamole for lunch.

With BGWLBH’s assistance, I wrapped some birthday presents in scarves and Adoring Husband drove me to the Post Office to send them off.

We played Sequence for a while this afternoon before taking some time for ourselves. 

I made San Choy Bow for dinner and then it was time for round two of the NRL season. Melbourne Storm defeated South Sydney Rabbitohs by just one point.

In the AFL my team Carlton defeated Richmond. Richmond were the hot favourites so it was a great win!

I watched a live Facebook interview with Zak Menhennett, the One Nation representative for Hinkler, tonight. Remember, he was my old boyfriend’s nephew that I met at the Know Your Rights rally in town a few weeks ago?

I have no idea who I am voting for in the next election yet, but I volunteered to hand out his ‘how to vote’ cards on Election Day 😳 I’m thinking I’ll probably regret that move, but what the hell, it’s just one day.

Now it’s time to sleep. I have nothing planned for tomorrow but you never know what opportunities might pop up!

Nite all.

No comments: