Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Is It True?

I found a news article today stating that the QLD State of Emergency powers have been extended until October 2022.

It hasn’t yet been verified on the Govt website but they usually take about three days to bring the site up to date so I will wait until then before handing in my notice on the lease.

I had morning tea with my meditation/art girls this morning. I rode my trike and it was a morning full of belly laughs and very enjoyable.

From there I rode to my shop where I edited the photos that I took yesterday of The Gypsy. I did seven but here is one of them …

I met BGWLBH in the supermarket … along with three other people who were in for a chat and caused me to be late home for lunch which BGWLBH was kind enough to prepare.

We carefully worded an important email that she needs to send this week and made a ‘to do’ list for both of us in preparation for her moving.

We played one of our new games, Sequence, which Adoring Husband and I had never played before so BGWLBH is already in front on the score board for that one, but we enjoyed it and we are ALL on the scoreboard!

I prepared duck and vegetables for their dinner. Prawns, lettuce, avocado, shallots and dressing for me.

MAFS was next.

When I thought I was ready for bed, I found a movie on Foxtel called “Wakefield”. It was really interesting and drew me in for the whole hour and forty six minutes!

Now I need to sleep because I have another early (earlier than usual) start tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: