Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Pretty Breezy

It was a breezy kind of day.

I put a load of washing on - and I realise as I type this, that I forgot to hang it out 🤪.

BGWLBH and I enjoyed some quality time in the pool.

The midgies seem to like the taste of her, so after a while, she retreated to the house and I swam some laps, floated, sat in the sunshine and then swung in my egg chair while watching the previews of “The Batman”.

We threw together a quick lunch and followed that with an afternoon of trivia.

I added to last nights leftover Tuscan chicken and we ate that with grilled zucchini, sweet potato smash, carrots and broccoli. It was delish!

After dinner, Adoring Husband and I watched Gogglebox and BGWLBH joined us in the lounge room for the MAFS dinner party which was juicy!

Now it’s rapidly approaching midnight and I need to sleep because I have an appointment on zoom at 9am tomorrow!

Speaking of tomorrow, be prepared …


Nite all.

No comments: