Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Why?

Why did the Bureau of Meteorology not predict last week’s weather?

They even got it wrong every single day of the weather event, predicting that the rain was going to ease the following day.

People cannot take steps to minimise the risks and ensure their own safety without accurate forecasts.

Higgins Storm Chasers predicted this weather days in advance and during the event were pleading with their followers on Facebook to spread the word. They were sending out alerts and warnings every hour and were completely on the ball.

They barely slept during the event and even though it was scary, I and all of their followers and subscribers felt empowered by the knowledge and forecast that they shared.

However …

They have approximately 240,000 followers and that does not cover the entire population of Queensland, or even south east Queensland, so there were many many people who had no idea what was coming and they were blindsided. 

The Govt and the BOM have a lot of questions to answer.

Here are some interesting ‘before’ and ‘after’ shots of the floods …



Today, I spent some time under the Bali hut with BGWLBH. The water, believe it or not, was too cool for me to take a dip so we sat around and talked for a while.

I had a roast lamb and salad sandwich for lunch and afterwards, we watched a couple of Ryan Reynolds movies. “Red Notice” and “The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard”.

It was the perfect way to spend the afternoon.

I prepared Tuscan Chicken for dinner which was bloody beautiful served with sweet potato and potato smash and garlic asparagus.

While the potatoes were cooking, I set the timer for sixteen minutes, tested the pool water and decided it was perfect so I slid into the water, saved a bee, swam 6 laps, floated for a minute, returned inside to change out of my wet bathers and was back at the stove 3 minutes before the timer went off.

We played trivia for 90 minutes before MAFS.

Tonight I’m remembering the 43rd anniversary of my first baby, Jamie’s, death.

Now it’s almost midnight so it’s time for sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: