Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Humped It

Scott Morrison gets nuked

Adoring Husband and I spent a good portion of today in The Bay.

We started at Go Natural. I had three things on my list but we left with quite a bit more than that.

Nanas Pantry wasn’t on the list but I needed tapioca flour so we stopped there and bought more than just tapioca flour!

AH dropped me at Stocklands while he shopped in Bunnings.

I collected my lotto winnings from the last two weeks with which I purchased new tickets. 

I found some lovely new place mats to replace the tired old stained ones that we’ve been using for the last 14 years.

I spent a billion dollars on a wardrobe of new clothes for Hazey’s birthday, which was both fun and challenging.

We did some grocery shopping and then selected some choice fruit and veg from the kiosk.

On the way home we picked up some fresh seafood from Craignish before collecting our FROG box.

I got to have a great chat with the FROG lady who is very like-minded. I wish we’d had more time because we both had so much more to say! But I found out some interesting local information and am now a bit more community aware. 

It was around 3pm when we finally arrived home and it took a while to unpack all of our goodies. We decided to have an early light dinner. 

AH had leftover snags in bread followed by a couple of paleo hot cross buns.

I had fresh prawns on bread with avocado and lettuce.

While we were eating, I found a Netflix series called ‘Baking Impossible’ and we binge watched the first series. Amazing cakes!! Such creativity and artistic skills and talent! I loved it… obviously.

Now it’s after 11pm and I need to sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: