Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 1, 2022

Get the Picture

I had no choice but to get up early this morning.

When Adoring Husband departed for work at 5am-ish, he left ‘not so psychotic dog’ in the laundry (where she sleeps)  and she certainly knew that he had left the building!

After a good twenty minutes of listening to her intermittent barking, I cursed at AH in his absence and threw myself out of bed to rescue the old canine from her apparent hell.

I took her outside to do her business and then put her in her family room bed to wait for AH’s return.

Forty five minutes later she was shrieking again because she knew he was pulling into the garage. For a deaf and blind 17 yr old, she certainly is perceptive.

Not withholding my crankiness, I decided to make myself some breakfast, whinge dramatically at AH to hopefully instil some guilt and then return to bed to find some peaceful solitude.

I think I was successful 🤪

I watched an interesting 2 hour video on YouTube and took lots of notes.

AH had a man date at noon, so I got out of bed, did a load of washing, put our lunch in the oven (which was leftover lasagne) and found a Netflix movie called ‘In Time’ which was quite reminiscent of today’s situation and what is yet to come.

There are so many movies from the past decades foretelling the future that awaits us!

I enjoyed the movie along with my lunch.

I returned to my room to find some messages from BGWLBH and Vegan Chickie, so I responded. Co-incidentally, BGWLBH had found the same two hour video and had watched most of it too.

AH and I spent some time emptying the cupboards in the pool filter room and decluttering. I tossed more than he did, but there is still a lot to go through yet. We need to make room for what’s left of the double garage after we de clutter that!

The water in the pool felt lovely but I didn’t go for a swim.

While AH cooked the usual Friday night fare, I chose to eat the four leftover tuna patties for dinner and watched the football on my iPad in bed. They were good games and I am three from three in the footy tipping - but so is everybody else!

It’s now 11pm and time to sleep. I may just join AH for his morning walk!






Nite all.

No comments: