Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Sensitive Saturday

I fell asleep at midnight and slept until 9.40am!

Yes I felt very rested but I still stayed in bed until about 2pm.

I watched some great YouTube and rumble videos.

It seems that the “powers that be” don’t have to hide the truth anymore because the people are now choosing to hide from the truth. All according to plan of course.

Instead of busting my balls trying to get the truth out there, I’ll be spending my time preparing for what’s coming next, taking care of the people who matter most and finding a supportive community to cushion the blow and to be part of that community safety net.

We’ll be putting systems into place to protect what’s ours, living a quiet, peaceful existence and creating a healthful and happy lifestyle that will get us through the next three or four years intact.

This afternoon, between football matches, I gave “not so psychotic dog” a facial haircut (which was an emotional and physical struggle on its own) and clipped her claws, which she was much more receptive to.

She needs a good grooming, but I’ll leave that to the professionals.

I did a load of washing and I began painting Wilbur Herbert. He was damaged in the tornado and has been sitting in the shed for nine years! He was looking a bit the worse for wear so Adoring Husband gave him an undercoat a couple of weeks ago and this afternoon/evening I got started.

He’s not finished yet, by a long way, but I’m liking what’s happening so far!

At halftime in the final footy match of the day, the score was looking like it might break records, so we switched channels and started watching a Netflix series called Yellowstone. It’s a bit intense and tricky to figure out all the connections, but Kevin Costner is keeping me interested.

AH found this big juicy fella in our barbecue area tonight …

Far out! It’s after midnight!




Nite all.


No comments: