Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 4, 2022

Out Sprout

Bit of sprouting to be done because I received this today!


I purchased four sprouting jars and I love fresh sprouts in my salads so I cant wait! I can feel the healthful goodness surging through my body already!

I stayed in bed until 3pm today!

I did get up to make some breakfast of black tea and toast at about 10pm then I passed on lunch.

I did a lot of reading, note taking and video watching in bed. There just aren’t enough hours in the day to be able to read and see everything I want to see and read!

As much as I’m learning such a lot, which makes me hungry for more, I really feel like I’m living in “The Truman Show” and I need to step away again.

So it’s time to make a ‘to do’ list every night before I go to sleep so that I have a reason to get of bed and get s#&t done.

It’s almost two month since I closed the shop!

For dinner we had the most delicious GF beef and mushroom pie with a massive salad of lettuce, cherry tomato, cucumber, snow peas, red onion, capsicum, avocado, pickled onions, beetroot and kimchi.

We were able to still squeeze into our bellies GF mini apple pie with vegan vanilla ice cream.

Fully sated is the best description of our demeanours afterwards, surprisingly NOT uncomfortably full!

We thoroughly enjoyed the final episode of MAFS - and by ‘we’ I mean ‘me’ with Adoring Husband snoring beside me and BGWLBH texting from 1400 kms away.

AH had a big day gardening and mowing so he was feeling pretty knackered.

It’s almost 11.30pm so I’m outta here.





Nite all.

No comments: