Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Much Better

I slept soundly last night.

Seven hours.

It would have been longer but Adoring Husband accidentally woke me when he brought my lemon water into the room - for the first time in days.

So I got out of bed at 9am, about the same time as AH left to pick up the FROG box from Craignish.

I decided to clear out the fridge so that there would be space for the fresh fruit and veg arriving.

That took 30 minutes.

That also inspired me to start on the pantry. 

In one hour, I emptied out one shelf, cleaned it, lined it and restocked it. Even though I tossed quite a few goodies that were out of date, I still struggled to fit everything back in!

After I did some washing, it was time for lunch so fish and salad was my menu choice.

I was all out of motivation so after lunch we watched two movies.

The first was an Australian movie directed by and starring Simon Baker. It was called “Breath” and I enjoyed it. Following that, we rented “The Matrix Resurrection” which was excellent and meaningful.

Through all of that, down on Phillip Island in Victoria, my adorable little Hazie was celebrating her first birthday! Vegan Chickie sent through some pics during the day …







I wish I could have been there to celebrate with them. 😢🥳🎈🙋🏼‍♀️🎁❤️🥰

We celebrated with salmon steak and cauliflower/spinach au gratin (which was created from last night’s leftovers).

We’ve enjoyed Gogglebox and Selling Houses Australia on the telly tonight and now it’s bed time for me.




Nite all.

No comments: