Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Sweet Silence: There is a part of us that is perfect and pure. It is untouched by anything of this world. It is filled with divine qualities. Today, let me experience the stillness within me to experience deep and enriching sweet silence.

I’ve decided to keep my food diary here. I don’t eat much so what goes into my mouth needs to have high nutritional value. The first week will include some low nutrition foods while we use them up, but there’s not much.

I got up late so no breakfast or lemon water for me.

My lunch was fish with a salad of lettuce, 1 cherry tomato, 1 slice of cucumber, 1 snow peas, 1/4 of avocado, 1 stick of capsicum, 1 teaspoon of cashew cheese and kimchi. A smoothie made with fresh pineapple, mango, banana and fermented ginger beer (OMG delicious).

In our first garden pod we are growing butter lettuce, ice berg lettuce, rocket, cherry tomatoes, 2 different chilly plants, coriander, parsley, dill, apple mint and asparagus in the garden under the pod.








There are 3 apple cucumber plants growing in the outside pool garden.

There will be two more raised gardens with covers. I have beans, snow peas, radish, beetroot, celery, onion, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, kale and more.

I’ve ordered two tower gardens to grow potato and sweet potato.

I need to find space for corn, pumpkin and watermelon.

It’s been quite a few years since we grew vegetables and fruit and I’m feeling keen to eat our produce!

Pickling, preserving and fermenting is on my radar as well as making home made fermented ginger beer (YUM!) and coconut yoghurt.

Sour dough bread done with the correct fermentation process.

I’ve been researching freeze dryers. They are mighty pricey but do amazing things and retain all the flavour of foods. I watched a man freeze dry eggs and then rehydrate them and cook them. Easy peasy!

Freeze dried foods, when sealed and stored correctly, have a shelf life of 25 yrs! With a decade of use, that should just about see me out!

Adoring Husband spent the day clearing out most of the double garage. He backed the trailer up the driveway, filled it with what we are keeping, then backed it up to the shed out the back and transferred it all.

He invited me out to help but we were arguing after ten minutes so I retreated to the house.

I’ve done a couple of loads of washing, made a list of what goes into an escape bag (for women escaping violence) and found three bags to fill with the items, watched an intense movie called ‘The Tale’ and now I’m about to cook dinner.

BRB

Ok so I ate an orange for dinner.

For AH, I made something up. I placed five boneless chicken thighs in a pan, coated the skin with a special sweet chilly sauce and then sprinkled some Himalayan salt over the top. I put cherry tomatoes between the thighs and cut a zucchini lengthways, placing the two pieces on top of the chicken. That went in the oven at 200°C for 45 minutes.

AH ate every last mouthful, including the GF herb bread that I heated in the oven. I had two pieces of that too.

Now we are watching MAFS … well, AH is beside me watching the footy on his iPad … and I am texting BGWLBH when the juicy bits happen in MAFS.




Isn’t it different for me to be signing off at 8pm instead of midnight haha.

Nite all.

No comments: