Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 8, 2022

That Was Long

It was a long day.

I was busy for most of it and considering how little stock is left, sales were surprisingly good and a couple of times there were ten or more people in the shop.

Lots of regulars came in which was lovely.

The last hour was very very quiet.

It was long because even though I know that closing the shop forever is absolutely the right decision for me, today was a reminder of what I’m giving up and it hurts a little.

I looked at the empty displays and thought of all the lovely stock I could buy to create the fun shopping experience that everyone enjoys and I watched people walk in and look disappointed with the small range left on the shelves.

I’ll get over it, life goes on and after all, life is what you make it and I’ll be sure to make it pretty fab!

I’ve booked the professional cleaners to come in at the end of the month and I still need to book the carpet cleaner. Next week I’ll advertise the furniture and fittings and hopefully sell most of that so I don’t have to store it myself.

When I got home, I sat down for half an hour before cooking sweet chilly chicken thighs with cherry tomato, mushrooms and zucchini for Adoring Husband.

I also cooked a whole chicken so I won’t need to cook after work tomorrow.

We watched the footy. I was excited that Warriors defeated Cowboys by one point and excited that the Roosters defeated Broncos. Even though Broncos are my team, I tipped against them this week and they were actually winning for most of the game!

It’s after 11pm and I’m so ready for sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: