Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 9, 2022

Less Happy

Today was even better for sales than yesterday, but I still have a lot of stock to move. Let’s hope that Sunday is a blinder.

My next option is to continue selling while we clear the shop and hope that a few stragglers will make some purchases before D day.

*sigh*

There were lots of the old regulars in today, some of my art girls and even some annual holiday-makers that were excited to get one last look and tell me how sad they were to hear I was closing.

The day had a nicer feel than yesterday and I didn’t feel quite as exhausted by the end of it.

I had time to wrap and pack my manifesting crystal corner. That alone filled a whole grocery bag. There is still much to do.

For lunch I made wraps with lettuce from our garden. I wrapped cold roast chicken meat with an avocado mash (lemon juice, salt and pepper) in a fresh lettuce leaf x 2. Surprisingly filling and delicious.

I drank a lot of water and had Adoring Husband go to the supermarket for a big bottle when he arrived to help me close. I was parched!

This afternoon I sat down for an hour to watch some footy before preparing some baked vegetables to have with the chicken I’d cooked yesterday. I also sizzled some snow peas and baby spinach together in buttery water, which was quite yummy. Home made gravy too.

We watched football all evening and I’m doing well with my tips this week having missed just one game so far.

I had an interesting conversation with BGWLBH about her place of employment - as an unvaccinated teacher, she was not allowed on the school grounds, even to empty out her desk but now that she is a member of the general public, she is allowed on the grounds to go say goodbye to the teachers and students.

How the hell does that make sense?!

🤬

I can hear it raining now so it might be a nice way to fall asleep.




Nite all.

No comments: