Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 10, 2022

All Over Red Rover

Once again, I did not sleep last night. That’s three nights in the last two months that I’ve been unable to sleep. I lay in bed with the lights out and my eyes closed but I couldn’t get comfortable and didn’t even doze off from midnight until 3.40am.

That’s when I picked up my mobile and watched a couple of YouTube videos, one of them being over an hour long.

At 5.30am our smoke alarm was set off. No idea idea what caused it because there was no smoke and no cooking happening.

I set my phone alarm for 7.45am and fell asleep almost immediately. When the alarm sounded, I kept hitting snooze until 9am.

Without a decent nights sleep and knowing it was the last day of sales, I was very stuck inside my sad head today.

There were uplifting moments with more like minded people providing great conversations about the future of this world. I really treasure the times when I meet someone new who has also been down the rabbit hole and can share information.

We had some fiery talk happening for a while!

I’ve had good sales for the three days but there is still plenty of stock remaining on the shelves. Not sure what to do about that yet. I even gave away a couple of rings today to a lovely teenage girl who was quietly trying them on and admiring them.

I served her Mum and Grandma (they have been in the shop before and Mum is deaf) so as they were leaving I asked her if she liked the rings. She said yes quite enthusiastically so I told her to take the ones she liked.

She was genuinely grateful and thanked me.

In between customers I packed a few boxes. I emptied the drawers behind my desk filling one box and tossing two small garbage bags of what is now useless junk.

I emptied the excess snap buttons into a smaller box as well as the ring boxes and jewellery packaging. Some of the kitchen stuff has now been packed as have all the printer paper and excess printer cartridges. I cleared a fair bit of paperwork and pens from my desk so at least I’ve made a small inroad into the closing process.

We had an early dinner of barramundi and salad and have watched the footy all evening but I’m feeling decidedly weary right now so I might be in bed well before 8pm!




Nite all.

No comments: