Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Hibernation

Today was a real day of hibernating for me.

Even though I made a ‘to do’ list last night and was feeling incredibly motivated at that time, this morning, that feeling had definitely left the building and the only time I moved from my bed was to make breakfast.

Adoring Husband, on the other hand, was very productive and spent time decluttering behind the shed, gardening, visiting the tip with a trailer load of rubbish and making our lunch.

I am still in my pyjamas and have just watched two games of football.

I’ve watched lots of Rumble videos and taken stacks of notes and found new amazing people attempting to spread the truth to the world.

Some of them bringing some positivity to our future (after the crap passes) and helping me feel more hopeful.

So tomorrow, I hope that my motivation returns and my ‘to do’ list goes something like this:

  • Clear the dining table.
  • Clear the top shelf of the pantry.
  • Do my hand washing.
  • Move my canvases off the family room floor.
  • Make my ginger beer starter.
  • Pickle the fresh beetroot.
  • Slow cook a new batch of chicken stock
  • Clean the ensuite.
Let’s see how successful that little exercise goes.

Meanwhile, it’s now time to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: