Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Unexpected

There were no plans for today, but we decided to head into The Bay and investigate/research storage sheds and removalists.

Did you know … 

Storage King has 500 storage units on site in the bay and they are fully booked with a waiting list?! They are in the middle of building another 500 storage units on Islander Road which is costing $7million. Both sites need to be 75% booked to be viable.

There are so many people moving to QLD and there are no rentals available, there are huge delays on getting a home built because supplies and materials are not available so storage units are in huge demand … as are removalists, who are booked up weeks in advance.

We were able to organise storage elsewhere so that’s one item checked off the list.

We dove to Go Natural and bought a stack of goodies including ginger beer, GF apple pies and GF muesli for Adoring Husband.

AH had a date with Bunnings so he dropped me off at Stocklands where I bought myself a new earplug holder …

… and some groceries and necessities.

I got some fruit and veg from the kiosk outside Coles and followed up with a Mint Condition drink from Boost Juice.

We stopped at Eli Waters where I ducked into “Frox” and purchased a white t-shirt.

We picked up the mail on the way home.

It seemed to take forever to unpack everything from the car and I felt grateful that I’d bought a roast pork from Coles. We ate pork and salad sandwiches for a very late lunch, which turned out to be my dinner. AH snacked on the pork and fresh grapes for his dinner.

It has been a long day and as it approaches midnight, I’m feeling weary.



Nite all.

No comments: