Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Winning

I won Oz Lotto last night.

$15.50 

Not enough to change my life, but enough to keep me interested.

I was supposed to meet with The Gypsy this morning but she injured her shoulder yesterday afternoon and couldn’t drive so we arranged a ZOOM meeting instead. 

2.5 hours passed so quickly! Time flies when you’re having fun!

After we said our goodbyes, Adoring Husband and I had to go pick up the FROG box from Craignish, so we decided to go a little further to Dundowran and check out the removalists and the storage centre there.

I was impressed and decided to go with the storage centre because they were $125 per month cheaper than the first company that we selected. This one is fully fenced with a security gate and a live in caretaker.

We are also waiting on a response from the removalists after emailing photos and dates through to them this afternoon.

We arrived home to unpack the FROG box, prepare a late lunch and plonk ourselves in front of the TV for some afternoon viewing.

AH fell asleep almost immediately … he had spent the morning gardening and mulching so after our drive, he was all worn out.

He went to bed at 6.15pm and much to ‘not so psychotic dog’ Colli’s dismay, I came to bed at 7pm. She knew it was too early and protested loudly for about twenty minutes.

I’m tossing up between some bed time sketching or reading my new book.

Easter is fast approaching and the town is filling up with tourists so I’ll visit the butcher tomorrow, stock up on protein and we’ll lock ourselves away in our little oasis for the weekend.

After two years of being cancelled, our big Easter Fishing Classic is back this year, so it’ll be interesting to see how many turn up for the event.

Ok I’m of to read.




Nite all.

No comments: