Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

A Big One

We had a big day in The Bay on this rainy day.

Our list was long, but most importantly, we were going to order our new lounge suite and single recliner rocker from Eureka Street Furniture.

We found them last week but decided to take a couple of days to think about it before confirming the order.

When we arrived and walked to the back corner where the modular suite was, I felt a wave of doubt that it was even the same suite! It looked like a different colour, it looked smaller and when I sat in it, it was NOT as comfortable as when I sat in it last week!

Adoring Husband then sat in the recliner and was also disappointed with his choice.

No order was made and we left empty handed.

The search was on for a new lounge.

Aside from checking off the list, lounge shopping is what we did for the rest of the day.

It was emotionally draining! Divorce was imminent!

We drove home without having chosen a lounge.

We made a decision tonight.

AH is very rough on the chair that he uses in the lounge room. Because his legs are not strong, he literally falls into the seat so that weakens the structure and because of his tremor the arm rests wear quickly.

Therefore, we’ve decided that he needs his own separate chair within a suite so that we only need to replace the one chair and not an entire 2 or 3 seater couch or modular lounge suite.

We considered a chair with a lifting mechanism so that he didn’t have to fall into it or struggle to stand up but decided to put that off til next time.

This was our final choice …

It was, by far, the most comfortable suite that we’d sat in all day and I want the two seater, not the three seater.

Four months is the wait time so we need to order as soon as possible.

It was wet, wet, wet all day.

I have coffee with my art girls in the morning and it’s after midnight so it’s time for me to sleep now.



Nite all.

No comments: