Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 14, 2022

Felt Like Sunday

Today felt like Sunday so I treated it like Sunday.

I stayed in bed until 3pm.

I spent the day laying the foundation for an online course that I hope to create down the track. 

It will be a long way down the track, but I have a notebook where I put my ideas and add notes when I think of something new.

This is a mini course for women over 50 that goes for 30 days and I’ve roughly laid out the first 15 days. It will take months to create because 1. I’m old and slow with technology and 2. I still haven’t set up my work space but I’m feeling pretty positive about it. Maybe I’ll aim for a Jan 2023 commencement.

Adoring Husband brought tea and toast to me for breakfast and followed that with fish pieces with lemon  for lunch.

At 3pm I got up to watch the football with AH and I made my version off hot and spicy KFC with salad for dinner. It was a hit.

Now it’s almost midnight and I need to sleep because tomorrow will not be my usual Sunday - I simply MUST finish my ‘to do’ list, which means getting my lazy A out of bed earlier than usual … but not TOO early.


The best way to garden!






Nite all.

No comments: