Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 15, 2022

First Time

For the first time, I drank all of my sleepy tea and it had no affect whatsoever!

I was still awake at 3am. Just laying there, in the dark, with my eyes closed and waiting for unconsciousness.

Obviously, it came eventually, and I opened my eyes again at 8.52am when I was woken by a text ping from Squirt, my lil sis, telling me the news of Andrew Symond’s demise.

He was my all time favourite cricketer and I feel so sad that he’s no longer with us but when I imagine Shane Warne and Rod Marsh greeting him on the other side … well, that’s just a special sight.

It was a pretty productive day for me.

I started the treatment on the bathroom - it’s a three step process.

I started decluttering the linen cupboard, but was distracted (many times) until eventually, the room that BGWLBH will be staying in, took my full attention.

It went from this …

to this …

The biggest struggle was putting on the doona cover. In the end I YouTubed ‘easy way to put on a doona cover’ and it worked a treat. I don’t usually struggle with the covers but today was a doozy.

We completely cleared the wardrobe, top and bottom, which was full of old fancy dress items, empty boxes of all shapes and sizes, our 10 pin bowling gear (which we’ve used twice since we moved here 14 years ago!), camera gear, wrapping paper for every occasion, photos and other such crap.

BGWLBH now has quite a bit more space to play with, and those hula hoops will have a new home once I clear my old art room and create my new art room!

I got creative in the kitchen tonight and invented a pasta bake.

The creamy sauce was made of puréed cauliflower, lactose free cream, dairy free cream cheese, loads of butter, lemon juice, garlic salt and white pepper.

I poured that over penne pasta, lightly fried onion and mushroom, halved cherry tomatoes, a jar of quartered artichoke and flaked salmon steak that I’d cooked earlier.

I mixed it all together and sprinkled lactose free pizza cheese mix over the top, cooked it in a hot oven for 20 mins - the cheese on top was golden and bubbly.

It was delish! Should have taken a pic!

We’ve watched The Voice and hopefully I’ll get enough sleep tonight because we have to be at the storage shed at 7.30am to take delivery of BGWLBH’s truckload of possessions!

Counting the days til she arrives! No more goodbyes after a few weeks! A second wife for AH! A partner in crime, a fun playmate, a sounding board, a like minded ally, a games buddy and BFF … no longer a million miles away!

Tomorrow afternoon I’ll finish the bathroom and the linen cupboard.

After that, I want to do a full clean of the fridge and the oven, do the bathroom treatment in the ensuite and declutter my bedroom.

That means I’ll be able to focus completely on the art rooms and with BGWLBH’s organisational skills, I hope to create the perfect space for us to play.

I’m done for the day.







Nite all.

No comments: