Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 16, 2022

At One With The Universe

I was advised to “be at one with the universe” today.

While we had an appointment to meet the movers at the storage centre for 7.30am, they were phoning to find out where we were at 7.05am!!

I’m a bad morning person so it doesn’t take much to trigger me. A phone call at 7.05 asking where I am for my 7.30 appointment was just the trigger to set me off.

Not only that … they had both Adoring Husband’s AND my phone number as contacts for this appointment, yet they phoned BGWLBH in NSW!!

Ugh 😩

Luckily, the main moving guy was a polite young man (except for a few scattered curse words) who had a never ending supply of bad dad jokes and who took extra care moving everything out of the truck and into the storage shed. He also apologised for the early call and I told him to NEVER do it again!

It took 90 minutes to unpack, after which we secured the shed door with a strong padlock, and just after 9am we were heading into The Bay with a short ‘to do’ list.

Office Works, a different office/stationery shop, breakfast at a cafe we hadn’t tried before (the food was good but the location was on a loud and busy main road), BigW and Harvey Norman.

We ordered our new lounge suite which, surprisingly, will be delivered next week, instead of the 16 weeks originally quoted.

By the time we arrived home at 1.30pm, we were both pretty buggered and we didn’t do anything else all afternoon. We even reheated last nights leftovers for dinner.

We watched mindless TV and it’s almost 11.30pm so I reckon it’s time to sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: