Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Celebration!

The day has finally arrived and BGWLBH is here!

I made a cake.

Four alternate layers of butter cake and chocolate cake. Between each layer were alternate generous spreads of chocolate avocado mousse, chocolate frosting, berry cream cheese (raspberries, blueberries and strawberries blended in lactose free cream cheese) and sliced strawberries.

The whole cake was covered in LF whipped cream, a pile of diced strawberries and kiwi fruit on top and then sprinkled with chocolate flakes.



I also made butter cupcakes with lemon curd and passion fruit frosting, and a full buttercake with lemon cream frosting.

There were “Welcome Home” gifts, Happy Retirement gifts and Happy Birthday gifts.





I enjoyed watching her open them all and reading the cards and I think it was a nice surprise for her.

It took a couple of hours to unpack all the food, plants and other paraphernalia and find homes for everything.

The rain followed her here and I think we have three or four days of steady wet weather to look forward to.

It was AH’s Friday chicken night and I had marinated half of the chicken pieces in spicy, chilli, barbecue, honey marinade for 24 hours. They were delicious and of course that was followed by birthday cake for dessert.

It was a good night of football on telly and I have three out of three correct tips so far AND my AFL team, Carlton, won their game tonight too!

It’s way after midnight and you’d think with all of todays excitement, I’d be exhausted 🥱 but that is not the case. I’m feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed! Let’s hope I fall asleep easily.

With the rainy, cool weather, tomorrow might be a good day for playing games and watching movies.

Oh! I must not forget to vote!

Nite all.

No comments: