Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 22, 2022

Rainy Saturday

It rained for most of the night.

Perfectly cool sleeping weather with a gorgeous breeze floating through the bedroom window.

Then it rained all day.

After a productive and busy week, I really wanted to spend the day in bed listening to the rain, feeling the breeze, journaling, reading, dozing and not having to think about anything important.

I was reminded that today was voting day, so at midday, I reluctantly dragged myself out of bed, made myself presentable to go out in public and hopped in the car with Adoring Husband to go vote.

It was so busy, there was was nowhere to park and the queue was out the door, so we decided to return  later when it would be less busy.

We kept driving to Foodworks and again couldn’t find a park because it was crazy busy there too! We parked in front of the caravan park and I raced into the supermarket to grab a few things.

While we were gone, BGWLBH prepared a pumpkin soup for lunch. I would place it in my top three pumpkin soups of all time. Absolutely delicious!

Upon BGWLBH’s request, we used the pyrolytic cleaning function on our oven for the first time since we bought it (about 6 or more months ago). 

What a marvellous invention! Shiny and sparkly like new with minimal effort involved! Especially because all the effort was put in by BGWLBH haha.

After lunch, at about 2pm,  AH and I went off to vote again.

This time we got a rock star car park right out the front, but the queue was still long! 21 people in front of us. Six people already checking off their names and six people already voting.

Back at home, we played a few games Sequence. The wins were shared fairly evenly between us and at 4pm I began preparing a baked dinner. Chicken (which I’d cooked yesterday) pumpkin, sweet potato, potato, onion, cauliflower/broccoli au gratin, beans, snow peas and home made gravy.

We really pigged out on all of that and none of us was capable of doing anything afterwards. Couch and bed potatoes.

I watched the footy and then checked out the election results.

As the elderly lady in front of us in the voting queue said to me “I wonder which little boy in long pants is going to win this election?”

It doesn’t matter who wins, they’re all corrupt and are controlled by other powers. They certainly don’t have our best interests at heart.

It seems that Labor are now at the helm, but I was impressed by how many female Independents won their seats.

Now it’s after 1am and I need to sleep!





Nite all.

No comments: