Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 22, 2022

Decent Sunday

While BGWLBH dug around in the garden, planting a stack of veggies and thinning out the massive growth in the veggie pod, I remained in bed until midday.

I was woken many times during the morning but at 8.30am I gave up trying to sleep. I lay in bed watching post election interviews and couldn’t find even one with a positive spin.

There were also plenty of positive comments on FB from people who obviously voted labor and there were plenty of negative comments from people who were annoyed that labor won and then there were people like me who believe that they are all corrupt and the country is doomed no matter who wins power.

I eventually got out of bed and reheated the leftover pumpkin soup for AH’s and my lunch.

After lunch, we had some more birthday cake. This is what’s on the inside …

After lunch we went in search of a movie called The Skeleton Twins and found it on Apple TV. I had watched the trailer after BGWLBH asked me if I’d seen it and I was left feeling very moved and emotional so I was keen to watch it.

It ended up not as good as the trailer suggested, but I didn’t mind it. BGWLBH was disappointed.

We had spaghetti bolognese with salad and garlic and herb bread for dinner.

I watched The Voice and returned to my lovely bed.

Now it’s after 11pm and I’m ready to sleep.





Nite all.

*** There were 2.5 billion people in the world in 1950.

The average wealthy student retained their data from books, and the average household got their news from a newspaper.

The control of information.

In 1960 the Encyclopedia started to become popular, and by the 1980s, the average middle-class household had an encyclopedia Britannica set.

In 1989 Quantum Computer services launched its first instant messaging service, also known as AOL.

A year later, the first search engine was created. The following years came with more search engines; Aliweb, Lycos, Yahoo, Excite, etc.

Google came into the game in 1997 and is now the leading software for almost all knowledge.

2022-1950=72 years.

Before you tell someone they are wrong; stupid, or incorrect, ask yourself one question.

Where did you learn that it was right?

If it's not a direct experience, then it's an experience directed at you. ***

No comments: