Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 27, 2022

It’s arrived!

The new lounge suite was being delivered between 7am - 12pm but I still remained in bed until 8am.

I showered, dressed, made some tea and toast and strolled out to the Bali hut to sit in the warm sunshine, eat my breakfast and be one with the universe.

I was joined by two big fat healthy looking magpies who sat on the fence beside me singing the most beautiful songs while chatted with them.

When I finished my breakfast, I moved into my art space and opened a box. It turned out to NOT be an art related box and it had smaller boxes inside full of cards, postcards, letters, printed emails and travel journals.

Of course, this meant I had to find a comfy chair and begin reading.

It was a trip down memory lane that took me back a few decades!

I was soon interrupted by the delivery truck and the big burley delivery drivers, so I moved into the lounge room to help supervise placement.

The new suite is large AND we kept two other recliners so our lounge room is now chockers! Many throw rugs were found to protect the lounge and help make it all look more snug and comfy.


The chairs are very comfy and I lay down on the lounge and fell asleep inside ten minutes. I’m very happy with our purchase.

I also took delivery today of two pairs of shoes. Puffing Billy, the delivery guy brought them to our door. The shoes are fabulous and comfortable and that’s another purchase I am very happy about!



BGWLBH and I made a delicious grazing platter for lunch.

For dinner I made chicken thighs with leftover baked veggies and gravy, caramelised pineapple slices and fried tomato and onion.

We played a few games of Sequence again - I’m really enjoying that game.

I caught up on my recorded MasterChef shows before the football started and I am one from one in the footy tipping so far.

Now I need to sleep and generate enough energy to work at clearing the art space tomorrow.




Nite all.

No comments: