Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Aussie Aussie Aussie

I’ve come to bed at almost midnight and turned on the TV with the intention of falling asleep to the sound of the French Open tennis.

As much as I love tennis, the French Open is rarely on my radar. I’ll stay awake for hours to watch Wimbledon and the US Open but clay court tennis never really captured my attention.

It just so happens that the Aussie Jordan Thompson is playing Rafael Nadal tonight and it’s a happy accident that I’ve caught the beginning of the match.

Let’s see how long I last.

Thanks to BGWLBH, it was quite a productive day for me.

I was up earlier than usual and rode my trike to deliver a salt lamp globe to Blonde Bombshell at 10am. 

It’s been many months since we’ve had any time together and even though it was brief, it was lovely to see her and catch up.

I had to pick up a few things from the supermarket and as I left there, I ran into Scallywag, who was in for a chat. She’s struggling with a sick husband right now and obviously needed to vent a little so I stopped for 15 minutes to lend an ear.

Adoring Husband had been into The Bay to get new tyres fitted and a wheel alignment on the car. He had just arrived home before me, so I prepped some lunch for us before getting a start in the new art room.

BGWLBH and I decluttered the big double cupboard in what will be my art space. I was as brutal as I could be, getting rid of a lot of  crockery and cookware that hasn’t been used in years. AH is not a decluttering fan so he hindered my progress a little.

We also moved a cabinet across the room and discussed future storage possibilities.

That took us two hours and I was done. My feet weren’t happy on the concrete and the earlier trike ride with a head wind had worn me out!

For dinner I prepared hot and spicy chicken with dipping sauce, reheated au gratin and coleslaw.

We played a few games of Sequence before Big Brother.

BGWLBH went off to bed for a snore fest because she had slept poorly the night before.

We’ll be heading to The Bay tomorrow and it’s rapidly approaching 1am so I’d best get some sleep!






Nite all.

No comments: