Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 27, 2022

Working on it

I should have taken a ‘before’ shot.

BGWLBH’s advice was to work on one section at a time, so that’s what I did. I was easily distracted, so I needed her to keep pulling me back to the allotted section. It took about three hours to clear this one corner and even this is not completed yet.

The pictures, signs and art need to be displayed in the wall properly, the screen with giraffes needs a new home and the freestanding mirror that’s facing the wall needs to be sold.

The chairs will be arranged differently and I may even have them re-covered. I love their old retro style and they are good solid pieces of furniture.



The cupboard is chockers full of canvases but there is still space for other art paraphernalia …



But this is still waiting …


Small steps.

The following story and charts were shared by my farming cousin in FB yesterday and shows things are looking ominous for our weather in the next twelve months and be aware, these are the forecaster’s words, not mine …

*** Things are starting to get interesting, with enormous volumes of much warmer than normal water surrounding Northern Australia.

What makes it interesting is this set up has never been seen ever in recent history.

Below we can see the current SSTs, as opposed to the 2016 set up, where we had a Super El Nino event just ending.

When that happened, the strong Easterly trades push all of that warm water into the Indian Ocean, where a Negative Indian Ocean Dipole usually sets up.

That is why we have only had 11 events since 1960.

On this occasion, we are meant to believe that a 3rd La Nina year preceded what is going to be the biggest humanitarian disaster this country has ever faced. We have never seen a negative IOD after a La Nina, because it cannot happen, except perhaps, and only perhaps, under exceptional circumstances.

Furthermore, the Madden Julian Oscillation is currently parked in Phase 7, over water that is some 5 degrees colder than we currently see over the Maritime Continent.

That makes as much sense as the election results on Saturday night, however, those controlling all of this know that most people are distracted by Tik Toks and really have no idea about what is real and what isn't.

The latest guidance is forecasting a negative IOD figure of -1.7c for the peak in September, which indicates that this is the cover story for what can only be described as making 2016 look like a drought. What we saw in Lismore is just the entree, this next 6 months will be truly horrific, and I hope everyone makes it through safely.



This forecast is provided by AV Weather - a long range weather forecaster, especially for farmers, with 30 years of experience. You can check out their website HERE ***

It looks pretty grim and perhaps we should be somehow preparing for it.

Before getting to work in the art space, I enjoyed my breakfast under the Bali hut again this morning and in the first 30 minutes while I worked, BGWLBH prepared another delicious spicy pumpkin soup which we ate for lunch.

At 2pm we sat down to watch a movie “Murder By Numbers” with a very young Ryan Gosling and Sandra Bullock. It was a pretty good movie.

It was the usual Friday night fare for dinner which we always enjoy.

I’m watching my footy team make a comeback in the second half of the game. At half time, they were losing 24-4 and the score right now is 24-22. With ten minutes to go, they have a good chance, so it’s a bit exciting.

I’m feeling a bit weary after my day of sorting so it will be straight to bed after the footy for me. More sorting tomorrow.

Update on the football - 5 minutes to go and Broncos are now winning 34-24. Wahoo!

Nite all.


No comments: