Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 28, 2022

Recycle That

We introduced BGWLBH to the HB Recycling Centre today!

She purchased a bucket full of small plastic planter pots for germinating seeds and Adoring Husband purchased two big plastic laundry tub sinks which I’ll use for cleaning my art gear - when I finally get my art space up and running.

BGWLBH and I decided that we would take a trip there on another day and spend a couple of hours really sifting through the goodies.

I wanted to show her the magic of Possum Paradise Plant Nursery, but we discovered that two thirds of it is now empty land! They now sell a few plants, bags of soil and potting mix, a selection of gardening sprays and fertilisers and down the back are some landscaping fillers.

Disappointing.

We bought some potting mix, some marigolds and a blackberry bush.

After that, I returned some ‘incorrect for my printer’ ink cartridges to Office Works. AH and BGWLBH sat in the car waiting for me and after OW processed my refund, I did a quick stroll through and spent half of my refund on notebooks, journals and coloured printer paper.

Next was Bunnings (ugh) to get some dowel and hooks to make wrapping paper and ribbon holders for the wall in my art space.

We needed some sustenance but none of us were dressed for eating ‘in’. We were originally only going to the recycle centre and a plant nursery so we didn’t change out of our house clothes and only put on half a face! So we decided that a juice or smoothie might be the go and went to Cocoa’s drive through. 

AH and I ordered a ‘healthy breakfast smoothie’ which I decided was very disappointing. BGWLBH ordered a coffee.

It was quite late when we got home but I whipped up a few lamb fritters to fill the hole in our bellies until dinner time. 

I decided to take a batch of beef casserole out of the freezer for dinner and served that with chargrilled zucchini and herb bread. I had a boiled egg on toast because I just wanted something light.

We watched three very disappointing games of football and I am now only three from six in the tipping comp!

It’s almost 10pm and I have some journalling to do before sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: