Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Another Step

All Cause Mortality 

I was up at 10am.

Yes, Sunday is usually my ‘stay in bed all day’ day but I felt the universe pushing me to get some more work done in the art space, so I reluctantly dragged my sorry A out of bed, made a cup of tea and sat in the lounging corner posting items for sale on the local marketplace Facebook page.

By the time I’d done that, BGWLBH had made a delicious grazing platter for lunch so we all sat at the table savouring all that goodness.

After lunch, BGWLBH took me on a tour of the garden showing me where she had planted all the seeds and where some of them were already sprouting. I reckon we will have bumper crops of everything!

She also showed me how she’d set up the hothouse - she is well established and I expect big things from her green thumbs in the coming weeks!

Off I trotted back to the art space and proceeded to unpack more bags and boxes. I found my little desk cabinet under the rubble and was able to fill it with lots of goodies and manoeuvre it under my desk.

I was able to declutter even further as I worked and tossed even more stuff.

Three hours was enough and I watched the footy all afternoon. I am doing very poorly in the footy tipping for NRL but my AFL tipping is fantastic!

I prepared duck breast with a sweet and spicy sauce, sweet potato mash, broccoli and beans for AH’s and BGWLBH’s dinner. I had some of BGWLBH’s spicy pumpkin soup. Still delicious!

We watched The Voice and felt overwhelming disappointment when they announced Lachie as the winner. The other three contestants had it all over him and I don’t understand how he won. I couldn’t pick who would win out of the other three but I was absolutely certain that he wouldn’t! 

But what would I know? 😳

Now I’m watching Djokovic playing in the French Open. Schwartzman is certainly giving him a run for his money - although the score doesn’t indicate that.

Now it’s heading towards midnight, so it’s time for sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: