Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 3, 2022

Mixed Up Day

Monkey pox of course! 

I was woken at 3.30am by the shrieks of not so psychotic dog Colli, so I had to get up to see what the commotion was all about. Of course it was all about the toileting, so after I cleaned up the mess she’d already made, I took her outside to finish the job and then returned her to bed.

It took almost two hours for me to fall back to sleep and I slept soundly until 9am.

I needed a further 90 minutes to find the motivation to rise and shine.

The chicken broth that I’d set up in the slow cooker the night before was still bubbling away so I took half a cup for breakfast, spent ten minutes prepping a whole chicken and putting it in the oven and then snuck into the art space to start unpacking some more.

BGWLBH was preparing a fruit platter and a grazing platter for lunch and Adoring Husband was out doing yard work.

We all came together to enjoy the platters for lunch and after that, BGWLBH took me on a tour of the garden to meet the newest vegetable buds popping through the soil. Everything is looking great except for ‘Groot’ my carefully selected blackberry vine, which is looking decidedly sad.

I returned to my art space and spent two hours unpacking six boxes and reorganising. Finally, it’s starting to look clearer!

We were expecting the plumber to unblock our kitchen pipes in the afternoon, but we were surprised by his arrival before lunch and he had the job done quickly and efficiently.

At 2pm I sat down to watch my quiz shows, but was reminded about marinating the wings for dinner so I returned to the kitchen and made a hot and spicy marinade, took the whole chook out of the oven and then left AH to clean up the mess.

AH picked up my parcels from the post office and I received the leggings from Exoticathletica. Last week they sent me a top instead of the leggings so I returned them on Tuesday and received the leggings today. That’s pretty efficient.

I also received some art medium with which I’m going to attempt some textured art. My art girls have inspired me with their own attempts and I can’t wait to set up my space so that I can try it too.

By tonight, my tummy was cramping so strongly that I couldn’t eat my dinner and had to come to bed. I’ve taken a Panadol and the cramping has eased significantly so I’m hoping I can sleep and heal and wake up refreshed and as good as new in the morning.

My ‘to do’ list includes washing and more clearing in the art space. I feel like I’m very close to being able to use the space as intended.

So for now, it’s time to sleep.







Nite all.

No comments: