Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 4, 2022

A Nothing Day

Feeling below par today.

I emptied one box in the art space.

Sold a table and chairs on marketplace. It’s getting picked up tomorrow.

Tried to have some old Royal Albert settings appraised online. Pfft. They charge you an arm and a leg and take you on a wild goose chase in the process. Thanks but no thanks.

Made some banana cookies and choc chip cookies out of cassava flour, coconut sugar, butter and egg - adding the banana pieces and choc pieces last. Quite delightful!

BGWLBH outdid herself with another grazing platter at lunch time and then preparing delicious salads to have with the cold roast chicken that I cooked yesterday.

We’ve enjoyed a couple of pots of tea - me with my detox tea and anti-inflammitea, her with her own special blend that she put together at a tea shop.

It’s not even 7pm and I’m in bed hoping to feel more energised tomorrow. I’ve popped a couple of shots full of tonic water with vitamins D, C, B12 and zinc plus my special concoction of 

  • Alpha GPC
  • Astragalus Membranaceus Extract
  • Choline Bitartrate
  • Echinacea
  • L-theanine
  • Organic Elderberry
  • Organic Ginger Extract
  • Organic Panay Ginseng
  • Vit B6
  • Vit C
  • Vit D
  • Vit E
  • Zinc
If that doesn’t pep me up and strengthen my inner health, nothing will!

Hoping I can find the energy and motivation to finish off the art space tomorrow!





Nite all.

No comments: