Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Busy In Burrum

Out of bed by 8am but after looking at the sunrise photos that BGWLBH took this morning, I wish I’d woken up earlier to join her and Adoring Husband on their beach walk.

It was absolutely spectacular!

We left home at 8.40am, me on my trike and BGWLBH walking to the Lions Park for our Wednesday morning catch up with the art girls.

Along the way, Beauty came out from her house to the footpath to say hello, so we stopped briefly for a chat. It’s been about 3 months since I’ve seen her and even longer since I’ve seen the other babes. It was nice to see her smiling face but we didn’t have time to stop for long.

As we arrived at the park, the wind was quite strong and had a real chill to it. It wasn’t long before I was phoning AH to bring a hoody for BGWLBH and my tea which I’d accidentally left on a shelf in the garage! Lucky for us he is so obliging!

There were six of us at the table. The Silver Fox brought her artwork that she’d created during the week and told the story of its creation. Always entertaining. We all laughed a lot, made fun of ourselves and each other, munched on crackers and dip and after a couple of hours, went our separate ways.

BGWLBH walked home while I rode to the shops to check the mail and grab some meat from the butchers.

The wind seemed to have strengthened and I was pedalling home into a head wind which was tough going! I almost gave up and walked the trike home but I persisted with the workout that the wind gave me and it took twice as long as usual to reach home. It was a bloody relief I tell you!

I then prepared salmon patties for lunch which we ate with a little salad that BGWLBH had made.

After lunch AH returned to the hothouse to continue riveting it together, BGWLBH cleaned the kitchen and got stuck into the housework while I unpacked four big boxes in the art space and found homes for everything.

By 2.30pm we were all buggered so we stopped and planted ourselves on the couch for a cup of tea and a break. We watched the quiz show Pointless.

I unwittingly delegated my house mates to dinner chores and realised as I sat down to eat, that I had not contributed to dinner in any way shape or form! That was a happy accident!

Tomorrow morning we are rising early to drive into Maryborough for the markets so I need an early night.





Nite all.

No comments: