Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Tuckered Out

Awake at 5.30am and out the door by 6.30am.

The drive to Maryborough, with all of the roadworks, is currently long and arduous. It is mostly 40kmh and 60kmh so what normally takes 40 minutes now takes 70 minutes.

The markets were a touch disappointing with not as many stalls as the last time I was there (a couple of years ago admittedly).

I still managed to spend money, as I do, but not as much as I wanted!

There was a stunning hand crafted silver, crystal, bejewelled and beaded hanging mobile that took 6 weeks to create. The work in it was beautiful and the items she used to create it were really special. She used mostly blues and I REALLY REALLY wanted it but the price put me off.

It was worth every cent that she was asking and I could absolutely see the value in it but I didn’t know how I would receive that value in hanging it somewhere and just looking at.

The thing is, I can’t stop thinking about it and I feel like it has my name on it 😳

I may have to return.

I started to make something similar a few years back - nothing as exceptional as this one - but the more I did, the heavier it got and I gave up fairly quickly thinking it would weigh a ton by the time I finished.

Now I think I’ll reassess, pull it apart, make some adjustments and have another attempt.

I can’t imagine creating anything that beautiful, but you never know until you try right!? If I can’t do it, then I will hunt that woman down and purchase from her instead.

I also found some nice coasters, a crystal that I intend using in my mobile, some fruit and veg, a shawl that I bought specifically for our morning catch ups at the Lions Park (because it was so cold this week) and I found a van selling gluten free donuts which were delicious!

I took with me, a basket of jewellery stands from the shop, for a lady who repurposes old jewellery into new pieces. It took a while to discover that her stall is inside the church! We were wandering all over street searching for her but eventually we were able to hand them over.

While clearing the shop, I also found a book of art designs belonging to Serenia Blue and the lady who owns that business works at Station Square so I took the book with me hoping to hand it over to her - which I did and she was extremely happy!

During our morning, I received a message from someone wanting to buy the freestanding mirror that I advertised on marketplace so we arranged to meet at my place at 11am. She turned up on time and I made a sale. That almost replaced the money that I spent at the markets!

BGWLBH and I made a zucchini slice and zucchini muffins for lunch and there was enough left over to have with sweet potato chips and salad for dinner.

I have to say that we were all exhausted this afternoon.

BGWLBH kept busy so that she wouldn’t fall asleep and then NOT be able to sleep tonight, AH slept all afternoon in his chair while I dozed on and off on the couch.

I came to bed at 7.15pm and I’m ready to sleep.



This is the Wednesday morning sunrise pic that BGWLBH took …


Nite all.

No comments: