Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Girl’s Day Out

It took me an hour to get ready this morning because I couldn’t figure out what to wear!

At 10am we were finally on the road and it was a beautiful day for a drive into The Bay.

We had a long list to check off which started with a stop at Nana’s Pantry and ended with a late lunch at Aquavue.

A good part of our list included requests from Adoring Husband, which ate a fair bit of time out of our girlie day, so next time I will conveniently leave the list at home. 

As usual, I spoilt myself with some personal purchases which included lipstick, storage containers, lotto tickets and a handful of books from QBD.

It was only my second time eating out since the Covid mandates were lifted and it was lovely sitting in the fresh air at Aquavue looking out over the water and enjoying delicious fresh food that I didn’t have to prepare myself.

We took our time and had fun making up stories about the other patrons in the cafe.

I received a message from a gentleman in Maryborough about our old electronic leather couch. I had posted it as ‘free’ on the local marketplaces and ‘Dave’ offered $10.50 for it. I advised him that it was free and he was about to finish work so I told him he would need a strong mate to help lift it and to consider the couch his.

Before he turned up, we arrived home, unpacked the car, put everything away, put new fluoro tubes in my art space and replaced the starters.

Dave turned up with a mate in his red ute. He was a real character and even though they were about our age, they pretty easily lifted that heavy piece of furniture onto the ute, tied it down and off they went.

It was a relief to be rid of the couch and it means I don’t  have to worry about AH moving it or asking favours of people we know.

After our big late lunch, BGWLBH and I didn’t require dinner so I took a beef casserole out of the freezer for AH. That was easy.

We two old birds were completely worn out after our big day out and now it’s time to sleep. Once again, it’s almost midnight!







Nite all.

No comments: