Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Just Not Right

We ALL had a full day.

I was awake at 7am and up at 8am getting ready for a catch up with the art girls.

BGWLBH informed me that she wouldn’t be joining me which was so disappointing for both of us. 

Adoring Husband sabotaged our morning by wrangling BGWLBH into going with him to pick up the FROG box, drop some stuff off at the storage shed and go into The Bay, even though I had told him yesterday that we could all go together after morning tea.

Mark my words, he will pay for this in the very near future!

Meanwhile I had a fabulous 3 hours at the Lions Park with the girls. We talked art, quirky addictions, cooking, gardening, renovating, local house sales, moving hairdressers and so much more! There was so much laughter and we were loud!

I arrived home 20 minutes after AH and BGWLBH.

I unpacked the FROG box, prepared lunch for AH and made two zucchini slices.

BGWLBH and I spent about 45 minutes doing some organising in the art space finding homes for the blank canvasses and tubes of paint and putting together the rainbow drawers.

I sat down for a 40 minute break before preparing the leg of lamb - piercing the meat and inserting garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs, then sprinkling salt, pepper and drizzling honey over the skin.

BGWLBH peeled and chopped the potato, sweet potato and pumpkin which we set aside until we returned from our quick walk on the beach. She chopped up the entire pumpkin to make more pumpkin soup tomorrow.

I chopped zucchini and carrot to steam later.

When we got to the beach, the water was dirty brown and angry looking. There were dark stormy clouds out to sea and the weather was closing in, so we walked for about 15 minutes and got back to the car just as it began to rain lightly.

We went for a quick drive to look at the outside of some houses for sale and then drove home to get those veggies in the oven.

While dinner was cooking we cleared the lounge room and vacuumed the floor in preparation for the new lounge suite arriving tomorrow.

Finally we sat down to enjoy that deliciously tender leg of lamb. 

We played a few games of Sequence before Big Brother started.

This day was too full! It’s just not right and I refuse to make a habit of it, however, three adults in one house can achieve a lot in one day!

We had planned on attending the Maryborough markets tomorrow but the weather forecast is looking ominous so we’ve postponed that trip til next week.

Now it’s time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: