Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Spring Cleaning

I woke up to this …




And we worked all day to end up with this …




We washed the walls and skirting boards, the windows, vertical blinds and fly screens, the floors and the furniture.

We swapped the family room with the dining room and created a games area so that we don’t have to clear the games off the dining table at meal times.

It’s such a lovely peaceful space. I love it.

The dining room still needs just a few loose ends tied up and there are a couple of things to clear in that bedroom.

After that’s done, I’ll be disconnecting the washing machine and pulling it away from the wall so that I can scrub the floor and wash the big glass window beside it.

Next on the list will be decluttering the linen cupboard. That’ll be a job and a half.

Of course, the bathroom job from last week still needs to be done.

I should just confess that the entire house needs a good spring clean - even though Winter is just around the corner.

The art studio will be last on the list, because by then I’ll feel like it’s my reward for doing all that other hard work.

There’s a method to my madness.

Dinner tonight was cauliflower and broccoli au gratin with a delicious chicken, mushroom and artichoke concoction that I made up. The fact that I still had that much energy to exert on dinner preparation was pretty impressive I thought!

I’m feeling surprisingly good considering the hours and energy I put into the day.

Adoring Husband broke his glasses this evening so we need to go to The Bay tomorrow and it’s almost midnight so I’d best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: