Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 9, 2022

Rest & Recovery

Even though we had good intentions, after yesterday’s effort with the spring cleaning, we needed a day to rest and recover.

We didn’t even have the energy to drive into The Bay as planned.

We did, however, take advantage of the sunflower room.

Adoring Husband napped on the lounge for a couple of hours and I took his spot and enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere for about 30 minutes. We both love the space.

We planted ourselves in front of the telly all day, postponing our trip into The Bay until tomorrow, and simply enjoyed some light entertainment and quiz shows.

I cooked duck breast with leftover au gratin for AH’s dinner. 

I had fresh crab (which I picked up from The Motivator this afternoon) with a sweet and spicy chilli dipping sauce.

It was exciting for me to watch the first episode of the new Big Brother series tonight! Loved every minute of the 90 minute show and I can’t wait for tomorrow night.

The weather has been cool and wet today. The forecast is for a wet week so hopefully we can run all our errands tomorrow and then stay cosy and dry at home for the rest of the week until the weather clears.

I love the cool breeze coming through my bedroom window at this time of the year and it makes for very comfortable sleeping.

Which is exactly what I need to do now.


A prediction for 2030 (The Great Reset)



Nite all.

No comments: