Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 7, 2022

Hours & Hours

We spent almost three hours before lunch unpacking boxes and putting stuff into the relevant and appropriate cupboards and drawers in my art space and moving my jewellery making paraphernalia from the pool pump storage room to a designated cupboard in the studio.

I actually found more beading storage containers and added them since I took this photo, as well as storing some of my used canvases on the bottom shelf.

Then we broke for lunch and caught up on recorded MasterChef episodes while we ate.

We also watched the first half of the Manly vs Wests NRL game but then we got back to work.

I took the washing off the line, folded it and then joined AH in the family room removing all the crap that covered the couch and floor, finding a home for it all.

It was 5pm when we stopped and I began preparing dinner. Butter Chicken was on the menu for AH but I was craving for a poached egg on toast - which is very unusual because I don’t generally eat eggs! I enjoyed every mouthful of that runny yolk smothered in Himalayan salt and white pepper.

Thinking that it must be at least 9pm, I looked at my watch only to discover that was 7.10pm!

😩

So at 7.30pm I came to bed and two hours have already passed. I’ve tried to stay awake for as long as possible so as not to wake up at 2am with enough sleep under my belt.

I am so weary.

There is more to do in the morning so sleep is a priority.



Nite all.

No comments: