Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 7, 2022

Calm and Peaceful

The WHO plans on 10 years of pandemics from 2020 - 2030 

We met with the air con guy, who provided a quote this morning for installing a split system air con in my new art space.

The quote came in well under the figure that Adoring Husband had set aside, so we are good to go.

I cooked a beef stew in the slow cooker for freezing.

I watched “John Wick” for the first time - only because my friend Lady Lynn has watched all of the John Wick movies, so I figured they couldn’t be THAT bad (as far as violence goes).

I was wrong.

It was very violent and in some cases quite graphic!

However, I really liked the movie and I’m looking forward to watching the sequels.

I think the last two years have hardened me.

I reckon if we could get Keanu Reeves and Ryan Reynolds together, we could rid the world of quite a bit of ‘evil’. Haha.

By the time the air con guy left, I’d put the slow cooker on and made our lunch, I was in no mood for getting to that bathroom job, so it still sits on the list.

AH and I discussed how we would rearrange the family room and dining room - probably on Sunday.

BGWLBH turned 60 today.



It was a topsy turvey kind of day for her, but we will make up for it when she returns.

My 60th was a non event too, so I know how she feels. My 62nd was also a non event. 

We will make sure that our future birthdays will be special for each other.

Well, I got distracted and now it’s after midnight! Time to sleep!




Nite all.


No comments: